Is coworking here to stay?
The way we work is changing. The number of global coworking facilities has been growing quite rapidly over the last 5 years, basically doubling in number each year. In the last twelve months, three new coworking spaces opened daily. Only taking the workdays into consideration, there was an average of 4.5 new spaces opening per day, offering workspaces for creative people in more than 81 different countries.
Some statistical facts are:
- Number of countries with at least one coworking space: 78
- Number of coworking spaces in the world: 2,290
- Median number of coworking spaces per country: 5
- Median number of people per coworking space: 1,972,731
Why coworking is gaining popularity?
The number of coworking members is forecast to grow even faster. The reason is the number of members per Coworking space is increasing is because:
- An increase in home based workers and outsourcers contracting to larger businesses.
- More and more startups utilising the flexibility of Coworking spaces.
- Home based workers wanting to separate home and work.
- Technology is making it easier to connect to work from remote locations.
- Coworking spaces with high speed internet connection contribute to their members’ productivity and performance.